Monday, August 27, 2012

New Amazon.com review for "A Child Lost in Flight"

Amazon.com review 5.0 out of 5 stars: Nicely written, fast, satisfying read, August 27, 2012
By LindaLikesItOrNot
This review is from: A Child Lost in Flight : Moving on after tragedy on Flight 229 (Kindle Edition)
For me this was a curious read. I would not normally pick up a book that talks about the loss of a child--being a parent myself I don't want to imagine that! But I did pick this up. And it was a fast read, as the other reviewers have mentioned.

What surprised me were the fascinating cultural insights into this true Indian/American drama. This is a real, gut-wrenching story of a man trying to find answers, and finally moving on.

The author does not devolve into sentimentality, but still manages to convey the immensity of his loss. Perhaps the dogged determination of trying to find answers is what does it. Or perhaps it's the author's ability to convey a lot in a few words. At any rate, I'm glad I read it. This is a satisfying book that left me with a feeling of hope...and made me want to hug my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment